‘Elizabethtown’ offers great soundtrack

This idea of something good coming from a loss explains the movie “Elizabethtown,” directed by Cameron Crowe. With the fiasco of his latest shoe design, which will cost the company one billion dollars, and the sudden death of his father, Drew Baylor (played by Orlando Bloom) finds himself on a plane to Elizabethtown, Ky., to make the funeral arrangements.

A flight attendant, Claire Colburn (played by Kirsten Dunst) befriends Baylor, the only passenger. She gives him directions to where he is trying to go. She is persistent that he not pass up exit 60B, which he does anyway.

In the hotel room, Baylor gets bored and calls Colburn. They stay on the phone all night and then meet to watch the sunrise. The friendship grows into a “friends with benefits” situation, which ultimately helps Baylor get his life back on track.

Baylor is torn between his mother’s desire to have his father cremated and the rest of the family’s opposite wishes.

The movie is filled with incredible music, similar to that of the movie “Garden State.” Nancy Wilson, Cameron Crowe’s wife, wrote some of the music in the movie. The soundtrack also includes music from artists such as Tom Petty and Elton John.

The music helps express what the character is feeling in the movie. This is a must-have soundtrack.