Lady Colonels Soccer falls to Louisiana-Monroe Lady Indians

On Senior Day, the seasonal woes continued for the Lady Colonels Soccer team as they fell to the Louisiana-Monroe Lady Indians 6-0.
Once again Nicholls kept it close in the first half only allowing two first period goals, but was overwhelmed in the second half giving up four.
Before the game seniors Amy Authement and Natalie Vaughn were honored for their contributions to the team during their collegiate years. Unfortunately, that would be the lone high point in the game for the Lady Colonels.
The first goal came in the 17th minute of play from the foot ULM’s Tara Balogh.
Samantha Dupis would score the second Lady Indian goal in the 42nd minute of the game unassisted.
ULM was able to get ten shots on NSU goalie Sarah Neunzig in the first period, while ULM goalie Rachel Marcom had to deal with only three from the Lady Colonels.
In the second period the Lady Indians would open the floodgates and distanced themselves from the home standing Lady Colonels.
Jessica Gerbus would net the third goal for ULM in the 63rd minute with the assist coming from Rachel Hobson.
Soon after Megan Moore chimed in with her own goal in the 71st minute of play from a penalty kick.
It would take about 15 minutes before the Lady Indians would score again, but like clockwork Stephanie Little would score an unassisted goal in the 87th minute of play.
Little would also have a hand in the last ULM goal assisting Briana Flanigan with her goal in the 89th minute.
With 12 shots in the second period ULM had a total of 22 shots in the game, overshadowing the 8 that the Lady Colonels attempted.
The Lady Colonels were led by Heather Gamble with three shots and Jessica Schwartz with two shots, one on goal.
The Lady Indians spread the wealth of shots between 11 of their 17 players. Leading the way were Balogh with three shots, two on goal and one goal and Lindsey Bass who also had three shots, with two shots on goal.
Nicholls will now play their final remaining games on the road starting in Hammond when they face McNeese Oct. 19th.