Crawfish Day is tomorrow

The Student Programming Association, is hosting the annual Crawfish Day on Friday, April 26.
Crawfish Day will take place from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. in the field next to the John L. Guidry stadium.  The day will begin with entertainment at 12:30, which will consist of Jenn Grinels, the 21st Century Brass Band and DJ Ace, a local DJ.
Jenn Grinels’ genre of music falls into the category of indie rock, acoustic rock and folk rock.
According to Grinels website, “she has released two full-length albums, toured the country extensively, and won a number of awards for her amazing set of pipes.”
The 21st Century Brass Band’s sound is known as the street sound of the Crescent City, as stated on the New Orleans Jazz Festival website.
Food and beverages that will be offered other than crawfish are hamburgers, jambalaya, nachos, cotton candy, soft drinks, water and beer. Students will need their Colonel Card to receive their crawfish.
Students will be able to participate in a variety of events such as inflatable skee ball, high striker, an inflatable sports cage and a photo booth.
“There will also be several student organizations that will have information booths and small activities for students,” Emilie Ulicsni, SPA special events committee head, said.
Last year, Crawfish Day attendance reached approximately 1,500 people.   
This year SPA spent approximately $16,000 on crawfish, Ulicsni said.
“A lot of hard work has been put into Crawfish Day that students do not realize. Since I know I was in charge of it again this year, I have been brainstorming, following up with people and organizing Crawfish Day 2013 since Crawfish Day 2012. I submitted my final proposal for this year in February.”
“Crawfish Day is the last opportunity that students have to relax and have fun before finals,” Ulicsni said.