Midterm breakfast serves up “Green Eggs and Ham

From 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. on March 17, the Student Programming Association will hold its Midterm Breakfast in the cafeteria for all students carrying at least seven or more credit hours.This year the theme is “Take a break from the books and have breakfast with Dr. Seuss” in honor of his 100th birthday. Kristen Turnage, SPA publicity director, said they (SPA) wanted to try something new this year by offering the students something a little different.

The menu, for those interested, has stayed the same. There will still be the biscuits that can be covered with creamy white gravy. The hot grits showcase our Southern heritage. The links of hot sausage represent the butcheries that this area is known for. The fluffy pancakes are still being served because we all know that is the real reason we go. Oh yeah, there is going to be eggs too. OK, so maybe that is not why we have those foods. Maybe it is just because they are the traditional breakfast foods we grew up with as kids and long for as “adults”-I use that term loosely.

The night is not just about the food. The teachers and staff you see everyday around this campus are now here to serve you in another way … as cafeteria ladies and gentlemen. Plus, can you picture Stephen Hulbert, president of the university, or Judy Daniels, dean of student life, in a hair net?

Besides these fun sights and tempting food, SPA plans to have a disc jockey playing music so you and your friends can “get jiggy with it” or whatever the new term may be. Plus, other fun and exciting activities will be available. Whether you want to come finger paint, blow bubbles, enter the coloring contest or join in on all the other fun and exciting events they will have, you have to be present to win any of the door prizes.

SPA wants to personally invite all students to come by, even if for just a little bit. Come support your school in its student activities while you make the most of your student-assessed fees.