The student newspaper of Nicholls State University

Delta Zeta’s Fashion for Passion features first ever court

March 10, 2018

Back to Article
Back to Article

Delta Zeta’s Fashion for Passion features first ever court

Photo by: Keely Diebold

Photo by: Keely Diebold

Photo by: Keely Diebold

Delta Zeta held its annual Fashion for a Passion event on March 4 to raise money for its national and local philanthropies.

Abagael Boudreaux, sophomore nursing major from Gonzales, said that the event raised money for the Painted Turtle Camp, Delta Zeta Foundation, Starkey Hearing Foundation, Bridge to Independence and the Bayou Country Children’s Museum.

“[Fashion for a Passion] is a vendors’ market where all the local boutiques and shops can come and set up in the ballroom. We sell entrance tickets to help raise money for our philanthropies. This year we had about 26 vendors, and I think close to 400 shoppers,” Boudreaux said.

Delta Zeta decided to have a court for the first time to try to increase male participation in the event.

“It was also an opportunity to donate to more than just our philanthropies,” Boudreaux said.

The winner of the court would be able to donate to a philanthropy of his choice. This year’s winner was Sean Adams. Boudreaux said he was “so genuinely happy” to win.

Delta Zeta will split the money raised between its different philanthropies, with 80 percent going to the Starkey Hearing Foundation. The Delta Zeta Foundation, Painted Turtle Camp, Bridge to Independence and the Bayou Country Children’s Museum will receive the remaining 20 percent.

This year, Delta Zeta held a garage sale at the event. They reached out to chapter members and alumni to donate clothes. Boudreaux said it was very successful, and Delta Zeta donated remaining clothes to the Salvation Army.

“We couldn’t have asked for a better day. It was a beautiful day outside. We had tons of shoppers come out, and all of our vendors came. All of the Delta Zetas were very excited,” Boudreaux said.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

the nicholls worth • Copyright 2018 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in