Psychics make predictions for celebrities in new year.

Sylvia Browne was not the least bit surprised to hear rumors that the pregnant Angelina Jolie may soon marry Brad Pitt. Browne had already told a Canadian newspaper in December that the couple will wed in 2006.But M.W., as the psychic of sixthsearch.com refers to herself, disagrees. She posted on a celebrity news Web site that Pitt will attempt to reunite with Jennifer Aniston but will end up alone by summer 2006.

As entertainment journalists and paparazzi stalk the couple in hopes of getting a tip on their next move, Brown and M.W. forecast the duo’s future from miles away.

Distance does not affect psychics.

Prophets, psychics and astrologers began proclaiming their predictions in early December for 2006. And their predictions aren’t limited to age-old prophecies about the end of the world and plagues.

Psychic entertainer Paul Alberstat, also known as the “Mind Guy,” told The Calgary Herald newspaper in Canada to expect Kirk Douglas, Jerry Lewis and Gerald Ford to die this year. But not Saddam Hussein. Alberstat said the United States doesn’t have enough evidence to justify his execution.

M.W. wouldn’t advise extreme dieting for 2006. She predicts that an uncommon disease, similar to diabetes, will emerge that will hinder people with little body fat from gaining any more weight.

“As a result, people will begin to question the health of certain actors and models,” M.W. posted on the Sixth Search Web site. “Thin will no longer be in.”

She also has prophesied that a natural hair regrowth product will hit the market soon with instant popularity comparable to that of Viagra. She gives no hints, however, on what celebrity may be chosen as the product’s spokesperson for future Super Bowl commercials.

But you can.

In this age where blogs and forums allow anyone with Internet access to proclaim himself an oracle, Nostradamus has more competition than ever before. At www.psychics.co.uk, an open forum is solely dedicated to postings of premonitions for 2006. Some are as broad as “something tragic is going to happen overseas.” Others aim for specifics, such as warning Robbie Williams that his “top left upper thigh” may be injured this year.

The most popular premonition appears to be whether next hurricane season will top 2005’s record-breaking season. Alberstat predicts five major hurricanes, with two being comparable to Katrina. Some predictions on the Psychics and Mediums Network online forum suggest the 2006 season should be as bad as last year’s.

But atmospheric scientists say that is unlikely. Philip Klotzbach and William Gray of Colorado State University predict, based upon scientific indicators, that the new season will contain 17 named storms in the Atlantic, with nine developing into hurricanes. In 2005, there were 27 named storms and 14 hurricanes.

“Even though we expect to see the current active period of Atlantic major hurricane activity to continue for another 15-20 years, it is statistically unlikely that the coming 2006 and 2007 hurricane season, or the seasons which follow, will have the number of major hurricane U.S. landfall events as we have seen in 2004-2005,” Klotzbach and Gray wrote.