Patterson freshman dies in Miss. accident

Loren Henry, freshman from Patterson, died Dec. 29 in a Mississippi car accident along with three other family members.According to The Associated Press reports, Loren, 18; Wendell, 46; Bryant, 16; and Kaylee, 4, were on their way home from a vacation trip when their car collided with a tractor-trailer rig along Interstate 55 in Yazoo County.

Yazoo County Coroner Ricky Shivers told the AP that the vehicle collided with the 18-wheeler while trying to pull back onto the highway; the car had previously pulled off the road after hitting a deer.

All four were pronounced dead at the scene. Loren, an education major, was pregnant, Shivers told the AP, but he was not sure how far along Loren was in the pregnancy.

Other family members had flown back to Patterson, The Daily Review reported.

Deanie Scully, freshman from Morgan City, said she will always remember Loren for her smile and sense of humor.

“She was silly, sarcastic and just loved life; you could tell that from the second you talked to her,” Scully said. “I will most miss her talking, her voice and her just being there for me.”

Scully said she and Loren were volleyball opponents since the eighth grade, with Scully playing for the Morgan City High School Tigers and Loren playing for the Berwick Panthers.

Brandon LaHoste, manufacturing engineering technology sophomore from Patterson, said Loren also played softball and basketball in high school.

LaHoste dated Loren for three years. Jennifer Robicheaux, LaHoste’s mother, said Loren was filled with life and inquisitive about what she didn’t know. Her passion was forensics.

“Loren was a beautiful girl with a smile that would light up an entire room,” Robicheaux said. “She had an infectious laugh. She was a mother of Kaylee, who was also killed in the accident. Loren loved being a Mom.